COVID - 19 Reminder
Published 10:28 on 29 Aug 2020
Following recent updates from the Government, PHE and the RYA please find a re-cap of where we are at Slaughden Sailing Club.
- All members visiting the club should sign in / out on every visit either using the book outside the South door entrance or online as previously advised.
Online via < http://visit.slaughden.com
Social Distancing outside of Households remains in force throughout the club at 2m. Where this is not possible then follow the Governments 1m plus guidance
- Visitors are permitted to attend the club when accompanied by a member but Temporary membership is suspended.
The Club house is open to members and their guests subject to following all posted guidelines. There is a general cap of 20 personnel inside the clubhouse at any one time.
The Galley is open to adults only on a one in / one out basis unless you are part of a household. (namely partners or family over the age of 16)
All Social events in the Clubhouse remain suspended
The OOD office remain out of bounds
Toilet facilities and Changing rooms are open to all members and their guests
Showers are open for members only.
If using the clubhouse and facilities please wipe down all handles, keys, locks, taps etc - Wipes and sanitiser are available around the club
Keys to access the containers are stored just inside the North Door
A drive-in gate access key is stored next to the pedestrian gate. The code can be found by logging onto the members area on the website, select Door code
Formal race events are now underway with Patrol Boat cover. Casual sailing is up and running at members risk as there is no Patrol boat cover
Sailing is an ideal sport with regard staying safe from COVID for single handed dinghies and multi crew from the same household. Otherwise for multi crew of mixed households please continue to observe the I metre Social Distancing rule as best you can whilst at all times prioritising safety for yourself, crew and other boat users.
Please continue to maintain social distancing from arrival at the club, rigging of boats, launching, on the water, recovery, and departure from the club.
All Thursday evening racing is currently suspended.
- Cruising should be with crew that are part of your household or within your bubble whilst adhering to social distancing.
- All formal and informal (Tuesday evening) training is suspended until further notice however Tuesday evening continues to be popular for casual sailing which remains at members risk. (No safety boat cover)
- Formal RYA L1 & 2 AND Power Boat Training is currently suspended.
The Committee and the COVID team would like to thank all members for observing these conditions.
Last updated 09:13 on 1 September 2020