Commodores Blog July 2020
Published 14:43 on 29 Jul 2020
Most of what has and is happening at the club will feature in the next Newsletter due to be published soon, so please make a point of using this Newsletter to catch up.
There is a Work Party on Saturday 1st August from 10 am to 12 am including a free snack. If you have not yet attended one of these events, then please try to go along and meet some of your fellow members and give them a hand. It would be useful if you could let Simon, who is leading this event, know that you intend to be there <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The following week on the 8th August from 10am to 12am we have a Slip Way Wash Down where we are looking for 2 more volunteers to help keep the slipway safe. You can volunteer by booking via the Duty Roster or call Dawn on 07715 953149
It appears that the AYC Junior (and Adult) Regatta will be taking place in August in a slightly diluted form. We hope to have several Slaughden Juniors in this event so why not pop down and cheer them along.
Generally, our programme of projects has continued to come together this year, so it is great to report that the club is looking in good shape thanks to all the efforts of Committee and support of the members. This is a remarkable result given the impact that COVID has had upon our communities.
For race enthusiasts we have a 3 event COVID series in the calendar for August, refer to calendar. One of these races finishes with a BYO picnic at Little Japan, all welcome and the other two with a BYO picnic at the clubhouse, all welcome. All proceeds for this series will be donated to the NHS.
We also have one of our favourite events a race and cruise to Dove Point on Saturday 15th August at 11am followed by a BYO picnic at Dove Point and perhaps a swim in the sea.
What can we look forward to in August?
- Saturday 1st August - Dinghy Work Party 10am to 12am
- Sunday 2nd August - Brudenell COVID race series and Picnic at Little Japan from 11am
- Saturday 8th August Slipway Washdown from 10am to 12am
- Sunday 9th August Brudenell COVID race series and Picnic at the Clubhouse from 14.00 hours
- Monday 10th August to 14th August - AYC Junior Regatta
- Saturday 15th Dove Point Race / Cruise and Picnic at Dove Point from 11am
- Sunday 16th to 21st AYC Adult Regatta
- Saturday 22nd August Brudenell COVID series and Picnic at the Clubhouse from 14.00 hours
- Saturday 29th August Visit from Old Gaffers Association for a weekend sail
- Sunday 30th August Autumn series 1 from 11am
Good luck to all the Slaughden juniors in the AYC Regatta in August
Last updated 14:44 on 29 July 2020