Commodores Blog Jan 2020
Published 12:24 on 30 Jan 2020
Welcome to 2020, which got off to a great start with our Antic Artic race on January 1st. Eight brave sailors went out on New Years day with over 30 members attending the club to celebrate the New Year with hot mulled wine and food. Attendees were more than anticipated so well done to Julia our new Social Secretary for juggling on the day to try to accommodate everyone with food and drink.
Thank you also to Richard Pilgrim, James Heeley and Fay Allen who manned the Patrol boat in very fresh conditions.
New Year's Resolutions
- 1. Hobbies first = get on the water more often in 2020. It was encouraging to learn that some keen dinghy sailors have already been out on the water during January.
- 2. Volunteering = attending at least one dinghy park work party, slipway washdown or OOD duty. All events are in the calendar on the website.
- 3. Develop = join in a race, race series or consider a qualification. Another option is to look to develop others. Likewise, for cruisers maybe venture further afield on some of the trips being organised by VC Cruising.
- 4. Improve = gain confidence, better race starts, better finishing, explore new destinations.
- 5. Celebrate = Make new friends, share stories, come along to at least one of our Social events.
That's what success will look like if you commit to some or all these opportunities during 2020. It would be great to publish your achievements throughout this year in our quarterly Newsletter.
By now you should have all had an invite to renewal your membership. Ideally the club would welcome payment by the end of January in order to plan expenditure for 2020. Payments options include Stripe online, BACS or Cheque. If you are stuck in any way, then just drop an e mail to email@example.com
So, what can we look forward to in the first quarter 2020?
- Friday 7th February Committee meeting
- Saturday 14th March Slipway Wash down
- Saturday 21st March First Aid Training
- Saturday 28th March Dinghy Park Work Party
- Saturday 28th March Fitting out Supper
Last updated 09:13 on 1 September 2020