Commodores Blog March 2019
Published 11:31 on 2 Apr 2019
The theme for 2019 as we have reported is the image of the club. Taking our foot off spending as we have resolved most 'big ticket' items outlined in our vision statement. This also requires a greater focus upon promoting our income streams whilst controlling expenditure.
With that in mind what a great result following the recent Dinghy Park Work Party. The output from the 16 or so volunteers that attended, produced a brilliant outcome with the Dinghy Park looking the best it has done for a long time. Incorporating the completion of balcony decking, new dinghy park layout and new fence makes the whole site feel so much more spacious and neater, I hope you agree.
A few call outs for Martin our Dinghy Park Supervisor for organising the day, Leslie for feeding the team, Adam DB and Richard P for their efforts in completing the decking on the veranda.
For those that were unable to attend there is a Clubhouse Work Party and free lunch on Saturday 13th April at 10am. So many members in one way or another contribute to the upkeep and running of the club for the benefit of all members, so this is an opportunity to do your bit if you have not yet been involved. E mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other things worth sharing
- We have transferred the Honda engine from Patch our redundant power boat to our recently acquired back up power boat.This task was undertaken by members of the club namely Richard P and Paul G. A huge thankyou to both Richard and Paul, we continue to be amazed by the scope of skills that exist in the club and the willingness of members to offer up these skills.
- Following a recent Committee meeting it was decided to name our 2 new Power boats as follows a) the 5.2m Rib that we acquired last year from Broadstairs Sailing Club 'Harry D 2' b) the recent 2019 purchase of the Zodiac Rib 'Pegasus'.
- What's next for members to be aware of
- RYA Power boat refresher course – Full
- Fitting Out Supper Saturday 6th April – Full with 30 sittings, we may be able to squeeze one or two more in by special arrangement, speak to Dawn email@example.com
- RYA L2 Power Boat course between Friday 12th (pm) and Sunday 14th April – 1 slot available refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RYA Push the Boat Out Sunday 5th May – Volunteers needed to welcome potential members and Wayfarer Helms refer to email@example.com
- RYA Level 1 – Introduction to sailing course between Friday 10th May (pm) to Sunday 12th May – Slots still available refer to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Last updated 16:41 on 2 April 2019